AWS Marketplace is changing the way AWS customers discover, deploy, and pay for software. Any AWS customer can easily find software on the AWS Marketplace website, deploy it immediately, and be metered for usage that appears directly on their AWS bill. Our goal is to make AWS Marketplace the easiest place for our buyers and sellers to transact. Each of our product types brings together the needs of buyers and sellers to meet their business objectives. Sellers have access to millions of customers of AWS, and buyers can quickly buy software from a secure and extensive selection of software.
The AWS Marketplace team is looking for a technical product manager to own the product vision across the usage and financial services. This is a high visibility role requiring you to work closely with both buyers and sellers. You will be their voice in front of AWS senior leadership teams and is a great opportunity for a product manager to drive features that help change the way thousands of independent software vendors sell enterprise software.
As a product management leader, you will be part of the larger technical community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in business planning, influencing our long-term technical and business strategy, and delivering innovative and operationally sound solutions rapidly. You will own the definition, execution, and delivery of the marketplace transaction experience. Your responsibilities include engaging with our buyers and sellers to identify requirements, defining product features, and working closely with the development teams to get those features in the hands of our customers. You should be somebody who is customer-centric, and enjoys working with engineers to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions. Successful applicants will have experience defining products, leading cross-functional teams, and communicating to a large number of stakeholders. You will also need to learn about capabilities from internal teams, evaluate the key business metrics, and be able to communicate effectively to all levels of the company, both in writing and in meetings.
On this team, you’ll get to wear many hats, work fast and smart, and iterate quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to take ownership of a growing business opportunity and join a tightly-knit team tackling a very interesting and challenging opportunity.
· BS or BA in computer science, engineering, math, finance, or economics
· 4+ years of product management experience in a technology focused business
· Proven success in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
· Data-driven decision making and quantitative analysis skills
· MBA or equivalent master's degree
· 5+ years of product management experience in cloud computing technology space, or enterprise solutions
· Proficient with web services, online technologies, and user interface design
· Entrepreneurial spirit with track record for delivering results in fast-moving environments
· History of developing business strategy in conjunction with senior leadership
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Completion of a full product life-cycle
· Superior analytical and problem-solving skills