Are you passionate about cloud computing and its potential to solve some of the biggest problems in science and engineering? Do you have a combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy tackling hard problems and helping others build solutions for them? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an HPC-focused Developer Advocate to work with companies, open source groups and other builders to help them understand how to solve problems differently using AWS.
The Developer Advocate for Amazon Web Services will join a creative, experienced and energetic organization that is responsible for helping to drive the development and adoption of AWS HPC & Batch services. In this role, you’ll combine your passion and enthusiasm with your creativity to generate grass-roots attention and understanding for AWS among key industry innovators and technologists.
Ideally, you’re someone who comes from a software and/or infrastructure background and have worked in research or engineering environments with HPC clusters, but has an unmet need to be be involved in guiding the broader industry and solving more than just one problem at a time. You have immediate credibility with Startups, Developers, Architects and IT Managers. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so.
You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it and teaching others how to take advantage of it.
· Building trust with open source groups and companies who build services on AWS that solve hard problems at scale and helping them take advantage of all the cloud's capabilities to solve these problems in a novel way.
· Working closely with the product managers and developers of AWS services and products to ensure they're engineered to reflect the needs of the builder community.
· Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and speaker at AWS and third party technology conferences and events.
· Developing and delivering compelling presentations, demos, sample solutions, and discussions to help drive awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services for HPC.
· Identify avenues for potential partnerships and customer opportunities.
· Collaborating with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning, community user groups and developer program initiatives.
· Creating and maintaining white papers, screencasts, demos and videos about AWS services along with emerging technologies and industry developments.
· Maintaining a credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers in the field.
You have some or all of the following skills:
· Knowledge and experience of HPC users and an understanding of their common workflows.
· Experience solving problems with cloud computing infrastructure.
· Application development experience using MPI as well as use of popular programming languages for coding and scripting
· Past experience delivering technical presentations at events for technical audiences.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline.
· Public speaking and presentation skills.
· Willingness to travel (domestic and international) and an ability to work autonomously.
· An advanced degree in computer science, engineering, physical or life sciences or related discipline
· Working knowledge of HPC schedulers and distributed/parallel file systems, underlying IT systems, and the HPC development process, high throughput and tight coupling approaches
· Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
· Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
· Experience in a customer-facing role such as systems admin or solutions architect
· Track record of implementing AWS services in environments such as large enterprises and/or start-ups.
· AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
· Understanding of application, server, and network security
· Great oral and written communication skills in English.
· Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Women / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.