AWS Lambda (https://aws.amazon.com/lambda) is a category-defining service that has transformed how customers write cloud native applications. Core to this global scale service is the ability to securely and efficiently execute customer provided code across tens of millions of containers. The Worker team is responsible for creating, managing, and interacting with millions of VMs every minute. We scale to billions of requests and allow customers to cost-effectively drop down to zero traffic. Our team provides the critical capability that enables developers to transform business logic into a scalable and reliable global application.
We're looking for software engineers who want to work on a global scale service with a collaborative team. We will work together to grow the Lambda service tenfold and provide increasingly secure, performant, and observable serverless technology. A successful team member will exhibit creativity, empathy, and optimism as we push the boundaries of serverless computing in the cloud. We are inspired by what has come before and motivated to create what comes next.
You’ll thrive in this role if you are interested in containers, low latency request processing, and p100 anomalies. You are capable in one or more programming languages and open to learning new ones. You include customer experience when discussing engineering alternatives and value creating APIs that make "The right thing, the easy thing." You value operational sustainability and advocate for eliminating flaky tests as soon as possible. You also think having fun goes together with tackling hard problems like supercomputing, high availability, streaming, and building loosely coupled gRPC-based microservices all while continuing to securely and reliably handle massive traffic with millisecond latency.
We would love to share more if you think we’d be a good fit for you. Let’s talk about:
* Creating composable applications with minimal runtime overhead
* Building secure and performant orchestration mechanisms
* Handling billions of requests and guaranteeing each one is handled by the correct container
* Sharing your perspective and bringing others along
* Driving down request handling latency
Come join our team and help make Lambda the world’s favorite platform for any compute! We look forward to meeting you soon.
Job location is Seattle, WA. Relocation assistance available.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field, 3-5+ years relevant work experience (or more for senior level developers)
· Knowledge of C and at least one modern programming language, such as go, Rust, Java, C++, or C#
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
· Demonstrated systems programming expertise
· Experience in C/C++ or Java and exposure to interpreted languages such as Python
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
· Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
· Solid understanding of the Linux operating system
· Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus
· Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation