Come and be part of the AWS Directed Work team and build systems that enable AWS to rapidly grow and continue to be the pioneer and leader in Cloud Computing, and have direct and immediate impact on the hundreds of thousands developers and businesses around the world who use AWS every day. Directed Work systems are at heart of ensuring that we can provide our customers with the right computing services, in the right region, at the right time. The AWS Directed Work team is responsible for building the systems that automate and orchestrate the physical work processes that occur inside all of AWS’ global data centers. Data center engineers depend on our systems to perform their work safely, securely, efficiently, and free of defects to restore capacity and reliability to AWS customers. Our team is responsible for billions of dollars in assets and obsesses about optimizing the processes necessary to operate the AWS cloud.
In this strategic, high-visibility role you will lead your team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the software solutions for AWS cloud. We are looking for a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
- Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
- Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
- Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the team
- Mentor and grow high performing SDEs to take on increasingly higher responsibilities
This is a role suitable for someone who wants to influence across organizations, work on high profile, high impact initiatives that impact Amazon's bottom line.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or a similar degree, or commensurate industry experience
· 7+ years of hands-on software development experience with proven track record of delivering results
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Excellent judgment, organizational and problem solving skills: technical, project, and personnel
· Excellent skill in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.