The Amazon Speech team designs and develops the core speech recognition technology used by numerous Amazon products including Amazon Echo, Amazon’s mobile shopping app and various other products and services.
You'll be joining a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and research scientists, that develop and deploy machine learning models to millions of echo devices worldwide. These models are used to wake up echo devices and are critical to magical experience our customers have come to expect.
Our team is currently facing a need for rapid growth and innovation in core speech recognition technologies. We are specifically looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Applied Scientists to drive innovation in core machine learning techniques used to solve extremely challenging speech recognition problems. We are looking for Applied Scientists that have interest and history of researching and inventing new machine learning modeling and model training approaches. Your work will directly impact customers in the form of products and services that will advance cutting edge speech and language technology.
· Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
· Clean, analyze and select data to achieve goals
· Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
· Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
· Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
· Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Master’s or PhD in a relevant field
· 5-7 years experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
· Experience in Perl, Python, or another scripting language; command line usage
· Experience with various machine learning techniques and parameters that affect their performance
· Experience or track record of innovation in core machine learning such as experimenting or inventing new modeling architectures or model training approaches
· Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
· Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
· The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience with statistical modelling / machine learning
· Strong attention to detail
· Exceptional level of organization
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Proficiency in software development
· Ability to think creatively and solve problems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.