We are looking for outstanding candidates to join us as full-time Software Development Engineers. Our Advertiser Insights and Performance team works on driving marketer success through improved ad campaign performance. We do this via the generation of actionable insights from big data sets (e.g. ad serving and campaign performance data) and make these insights available through self-service notifications and reporting mechanisms
You will work as a full time Software Development Engineer at our development centre in Edinburgh, Scotland. Your team will own the business, technology and operations, giving you the responsibility and authority to ensure success. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet remarkably high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at massive scale, 24x7.
Successful candidates will have solved complex and broad business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices, building solutions that scaled and performed. You will also have a focus on the customer experience, great teamwork and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
· Demonstrated coding and problem solving skills in at least one modern programming language.
· Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures.
· Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
· Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimisation).
· Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
· Experience in basic data manipulation and analysis, including command-line tools and scripting.
· Results oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
· Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed, but also a cooperative team player.
· Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
· Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems.
· Able to thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment.
· Strong sense of ownership and passion for writing world-class software
In return, we offer a highly competitive salary, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career in a unique, passionate and international environment, work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.