Amazon Alexa AI is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Senior Applied Scientist with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Audio Signal Processing, text-to-speech (TTS), and Dialog Management, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As an Senior Applied Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning.
· 1+ years experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python
· PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning
· 8+ years experience in building natural language processing systems
· Solid ML background and familiar with standard NLU and ML techniques
· Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
· Solid software development experience
· Good written and spoken communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age