Amazon is seeking a Project Manager (PM) to join our Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF) team. This is an opportunity to join Amazon as we continue to grow our Real Estate Portfolio. Our ideal candidate will have a strong PM background, with demonstrated experience leading cross-organizational software development projects. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You must be comfortable diving deep on the strategic, technical, and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer. As a PM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, help engineering leaders develop functional specifications, then deliver programs in a successful and timely manner is expected. This position is based in Seattle, WA and reports to the GREF Technology Principle Program Manager.
· Providing leadership by being actively involved in all major projects and goals, the candidate will be expected to communicate projects, status, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote teams.
· Identifying areas of improvement, developing and implementing solutions to address these opportunities. Focusing on our key indicators of performance and taking action based on the data. Produce clear, concise documents (e.g., functional, technical specifications, PR/FAQs).
· Manage technology project intake and prioritization, help internal customers define their problem statements, and deliver completed business requirements (including use cases and user story development).
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of relevant project/product management experience in a fast paced mid-size or large company with a proven record of successful delivery and customer obsession.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/products from concept to deployment.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills to prioritize projects and get commitments from internal stakeholders, including TPMs, SDEs, SDMs, program managers, and leaders at multiple levels across operations, and business areas
· Ability to influence remote teams
· Direct experience coordinating projects involving multiple resources and teams
· Ability to translate complex requirements into technical tasks
· Ability to articulate complex ideas and solutions in a clear and concise manner to all levels of leadership
· Ability to develop roadmaps and proactively manage project schedules, project constraints and the prioritization of project tasks.
· MBA with 3+ years’ experience in Project/Product Management, Product Marketing, or Program Management.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.