The Neuron team, part of Business Data Technologies (BDT), builds services that drive cost efficiency and fiscal responsibility across Amazon.com. Our charter consists of charge-back billing, resource efficiency monitoring, and machine learning-backed forecasting solutions with a specialization in long-term forecasting. Customers use our services to 1) automate financial and capacity planning processes; 2) identify and eliminate wasteful use of AWS technologies; and 3) drive charge-back billing for eCF Data foundational services, including our Data Lake and NoSQL database.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to drive the next evolution of our cost efficiency program. You will own the product roadmap and contribute to yearly resource planning and goals (OP1 and OP2). You will cultivate existing customer and stakeholder relationships and build new ones to drive customer-obsessed innovation. You will proactively mitigate risks and influence teams to build solutions that deliver a best of breed customer experience. In this highly visible role, you will work with diverse talent within eCF Data and across organizations to deliver solutions critical to Amazon’s continued growth.
This role requires ownership, autonomy and an ability to deliver results. You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving and generating innovative and simple solutions. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you partner with teams within and outside the organization. Your experience managing complex technology projects will help you make strong business judgments.
The key responsibilities for this position are to:
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories.
· Work closely with engineering and partners teams to deliver customer-centric features.
· Nuture existing and build new customer relationships to retain and drive adoption of our offerings.
· Work closely with stakeholder teams in eCF Data, Fintech, CloudTune, Osmium and AWS TAM to align on priorities and maintain momentum.
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
· Ensure that we maintain a high bar for customer experience and operational resiliency.
At Amazon, we strive to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. We love to drive results with data. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are seeking that rare combination of solid coding background, great interpersonal and leadership ability, an aptitude to apply cutting edge technologies at scale, and a willingness to challenge the status quo and raise the bar on every service and feature we build.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical or data-oriented field
· 5+ years of product management, software engineering or relevant professional experience in technology or a related industry
· Experience defining product strategies, articulating the "voice of the customer", and executing on associated roadmaps
· Experience delivering software features and applications
· Experience with data analytics and familiarity with Machine Learning concepts
· Experience delivering software using Agile development processes, preferably in a Product Owner role
· Outstanding interpersonal skills - decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate and inspire others
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong analytic approach and bias for data-driven judgment
· Experience leveraging customer insights to drive product decisions
· Attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
· Proven track record of influencing global stakeholders and gaining alignment on product vision
· Ability to operate autonomously to navigate complex and ambiguous problems
· Experience with AWS technologies such as Batch, Step Functions, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda etc.