At Amazon Australia, we are developing state-of-the-art large-scale Machine Learning Services and Applications on the Cloud involving Terabytes of data. We work on applying predictive technology to a wide spectrum of problems in areas such as Amazon Retail, Seller Services, Customer Service and so on. We are looking for talented and experienced Machine Learning Scientists (Ph.D. in a related area preferred) who can apply innovative Machine Learning techniques to real-world e-Commerce problems. You will get to work in a team dedicated to advancing Machine Learning technology at Amazon and converting it to business-impacting solutions.
Although this position will be based in Adelaide, South Australia, for the duration of the Coronavirus-19 outbreak arrangements will be made to enable the successful candidate to observe the relevant travel restrictions, possibly by working from home, or another Amazon office.
· Use machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to create new, scalable solutions for business problems
· Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of Amazon’s historical business data to help automate and optimize key processes
· Design, develop and evaluate highly innovative models for predictive learning
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
· Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
· PhD in CS, Machine Learning, Operational research, Statistics or in a highly quantitative field.
· Strong Problem solving ability
· Good skills Python (or similar language)
· Strong communication and data presentation skills
· 5+ years of industrial experience in predictive modeling and analysis, predictive software development
· Publications or presentation in recognized Machine Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences
· Experience in mentoring junior team members, and guiding them on machine learning and data modeling applications
· Experience handling gigabyte and terabyte size datasets
· Experience working with retail or e-commerce data
· Experience working with distributed systems and grid computing