At Amazon Advertising, we sit at the intersection of advertising and ecommerce. With millions of customers visiting Amazon every day to find, discover, and buy products, we believe that advertising, when done well, can enhance customer experience and generate a positive return on investment for our advertising partners. We strive to make advertising relevant so that customers welcome it - across Amazon’s ecosystem of mobile and desktop websites, proprietary devices, and the Amazon Advertising Platform. If you’re interested in innovative advertising solutions with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place!
Amazon Advertising is looking for an inspirational leader for the Global Scaled Services (GSS) team in Slovakia. Global Scaled Services consists of Advertising Operations, Design Services and QA teams that support advertisers around the globe. You will work closely with other GSS site leaders, sales, account management and campaign management teams to ensure advertising campaigns are executed flawlessly and meet the highest customer standards. You are passionate about giving Amazon advertisers and our shopping customers the best support and advertiser experience across different countries, languages, and channels. You care about the associates experience and make Global Scaled Services the destination for top talent.
With exceptional technical aptitude, you work independently, have a strong backbone, and effectively set the site strategy and its contribution to our global network. You are obsessed about your customers and not afraid to prioritize or make hard decisions that continually raise the bar and improve our customer’s experience and engagement with our advertisers. You will use your leadership experience to create measurements important to your business and to ensure that KPIs around SLAs, accuracy, quality and throughput are met and continuously improved.
· Build, lead, and develop operational and creative teams that support Amazon advertisers globally
· Create and develop strategic plans that solve for our hardest customer problems
· Anticipate the needs of advertisers and deliver solutions to exceed their expectations
· Obsess over the end customer experience
· Drive scale and operational excellence within budget across teams
· Drive for global standardization while responding to local or vertical needs
· Liaise closely with other GSS site leaders and capacity management
· Develop and lead local, regional, and global initiatives impacting organization, innovation, and efficiency.
· Define and implement changes to roles, responsibilities, and processes at scale Communicate appropriately with senior management, peers, and reports to share the right levels of transparency and detail up and down the organization.
· Build effective cross-functional relationships with key partners in retail, campaign and account management, product management, sales, and finance across multiple locations
· Work effectively with other local leaders, HR and the Facilities team in Slovakia.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 4500 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
· 9+ years of experience in building, retaining and developing high performance teams in an operations role, preferably in advertising
· Proven track record of leading and leading an organization with multiple layers of managers
· Experience and deep understanding of digital creative production, ad serving, cross-channel attribution, and media analytics
· Exceptional focus on customer needs and a proven track record of meeting those needs
· Experience working cross-functionally and cross geographies
· Analytical thinking shown to drive metrics to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
· Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes
· Proven history of influencing and building strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders
· An owner’s mindset with a strong bias for action and a passion for having fun
· High degree of English language skills, both written and verbal
· Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Business preferred; MBA is a plus
· Six Sigma or similar qualification
· Experience with Doubleclick (XSM, DFP), AdJuster, Salesforce.com
· Experience with design and/or managing creative teams
· Experience in product management
· Experience in program management