We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly identify and drive solutions to improve our Customer’s experience on Amazon.com. We do this every day by solving complex business and technical problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is that we’ve only just begun.
Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) team is seeking a Business Analyst that has excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with customers to develop and define key business questions and implement reporting solutions. Above all you should be passionate about working with large data sets and someone who loves to bring both structured and unstructured datasets together to answer business questions and drive change. You will provide guidance and support for other analysts with industry best practices and direction.
· Draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management
· Implement reporting and audit procedures to measure the effectiveness of programs and goal attainment
· Act as a builder, creating reports and dashboards that match to customer requirements
· Actively seek the voice of your customers to improve outcomes
· Partner with teams around the globe, providing support as a service
· Communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, with stakeholders that have minimal data or domain experience
· Prepare data summary and statistical reports for HR and management
You will work closely with many teams across Amazon to deliver tools and insights that have a direct impact on Amazon’s workforce. In this role:
· You own everything from ad-hoc reporting to long term analytical and statistical projects that will greatly influence the effectiveness of the ES Tech Reporting Team.
· You'll work with multiple Amazon businesses and functions, and work with a wide range of data technologies (e.g. Redshift, etc.) and stay abreast of emerging technologies, investigating and implementing where appropriate.
The ideal candidate:
· Is highly organized, works effectively with internal and external contacts, can shift gears at a moment's notice and enjoys the challenges of developing and improving processes in a dynamic organization.
· Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills, superior attention to detail, and knows how to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
· Must possess strong analytical, functional, and critical thinking skills, be comfortable working with large amounts of data, and possess customer service focus
· Bachelor degree in a related field; computer science.
· 2+ years of data analytics and Business Intelligence experience. 2+ years working reporting,visualization tools.
· Experience with developing reports, workflows and metrics within a software environment.
· Experience working with customers to gain functional requirements and ability to oversee projects to completion.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills, including technical writing skills.
· Analytical and action-focused with strong time-management, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Effective in a small, multi-disciplined, fast-paced team environment. Have ability to consistently deliver results with quick turnaround. Strong spirit of innovation, self-starter, independent, and with ability to come up with solutions to meet business problems.
· Relational databases, with ability to understand SQL queries
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.