Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the industry’s leading cloud computing platform, a range of services for developers and IT professionals that promise to lower costs worldwide and transform how applications are built. As a Developer Advocate, you will join a creative, experienced and energetic organization that is responsible for helping to drive the development and adoption of AWS services. In this role, you will combine passion and enthusiasm to generate grass-roots attention and support for AWS among key industry innovators and technologists. Our team is also dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Ideally, you’re someone who
· Comes from a software and/or infrastructure background but has an unmet need to be on stage, guiding the broader industry towards a technology you firmly believe in
· Has immediate credibility with startups, developers, architects, IT managers and/or CIOs
· Loves to share your passion with others and exhibits good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so
· Doesn't just want to be part of an industry movement: wants to be out front, leading it
· Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at AWS and third-party technology conferences, trade shows and press events
· Developing and delivering compelling presentations, product demonstrations, sample solutions, and discussions to help drive awareness and adoption of AWS
· Continuing to identify leads for potential partnerships and customer opportunities
· Collaborating with internal teams to define product road map, market positioning, community user groups and developer program initiatives
· Creating and maintaining white papers, webinars, demos and videos about AWS services, along with emerging technologies and industry developments
· Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers
· Working with your worldwide counterparts to share best practices and help build a best-in-the-industry advocacy organization
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional lives is crucial to your happiness and success at Amazon, so we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life.
· Fluent language skills (reading, speaking and writing) in French and English
· 10+ years of experience in IT infrastructure and/or software development
· 5+ years of experience working to develop systems and services using cloud technologies
· Experience working in a developer relations, technology evangelist or technical executive role
· Experience with software development, cloud computing services & infrastructure, application development platforms, and popular programming languages
· Proficient at working in a diverse, inclusive team
· A history of successful speaking engagements and demonstrated industry influence
· Willingness to travel and ability to learn and motivate with little direction
· Practical experience in cloud computing architecture work, systems or application design, development or operations
· Past experience with cloud platforms
· Knowledge of AWS
· Strong knowledge and experience with social/online marketing, coupled with prior experience in product definition and/or bring-to-market strategies in defining industry standards
· Outstanding content creation, public speaking and presentation skills
· Established credibility and recognition in speaking engagements and technology publications
· Extensive industry contacts in the software development field and the ability to work cooperatively with (and gain the respect of) software developers
· Computer science or software engineering degree (or equivalent experience)
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.