Is your passion inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work affects the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you will fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply innovative advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we cannot even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Amazon Robotics (AR) Operations organization oversees the manufacturing of high-quality robotics and gets the right materials to the right place at the right time to enable our automated solutions. It’s a fast-paced operation that works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon globally, and is driven by data and performance indicators.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Quality Support Engineer with a proven track record of supporting an advanced manufacturing line and driving quality improvement. This role will report to the Manager of Supplier Quality within the Global Operations organization.
Production Floor Support
· Quality defect evaluation and internal escalation/coordination
· Lead internal quality investigations and basic CAPAs
· Support complex CAPAs
· Supplier communication for internal production defects and trends
· Support Field Quality requests for production data
Data Collection, Review, Presentation
· Present weekly quality event specifics and trends
· Assist in data collection and visualization for Supplier QBRs
Continuous Improvement projects
· Drive improvement based on data trends
· Identify and correct systemic gaps/opportunities
· Incoming Inspection process maintainer
· Back-up as Incoming Inspector
· Internal Auditing
· MRB process maintainer
· Back-up as MRB coordinator
· NCR technical review and disposition
Lead coordination and work with cross-functional teams to provide data and solve problems
International and domestic travel estimated at 5%
· 4+ years of experience in Quality Control in manufacturing environment.
· Functional knowledge of measurement hand tools
· Basic understanding of standard quality tools including corrective actions and inspection plans
· Control of non-conforming process experience
· Basic blueprint reading skills
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Internal Auditing experience
· Excel and Word experience
· 4+ year degree
· ISO 9001:2015 or similar Quality Management System experience
· Functional knowledge of advanced measurement tools including optical systems and CMM
· Functional knowledge of quality tools such as 5-Why, Fishbone Analysis, 8D, Controls Plans, FMEA, Capability studies, GR&R, sampling plans
· PPAP experience
· ERP system experience
· Commodity experience related to the following: aluminum castings, machining, DC gearmotors, encoders, PCBAs, sensors, wiring harnesses, plastics, cameras, sheet metal
· Experience with statistical evaluation software such as Minitab or MatLab
· GD&T Blueprint reading
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.