AWS is looking for a customer-obsessed Data Scientist to join the team. AWS has a culture of data-driven decision making, and requires advanced sales technologies that are timely, accurate and actionable. This role will partner closely with the Commercial Sales teams to understand the needs of the team and ensure that the business teams are able to answer hard questions with real data.
This individual will participate in business reviews and new-initiatives. They should be able to identify and help close gaps in the information available, as well as predict up-and-coming data-needs when participating in discussions about new products or features.
A successful individual should be highly collaborative and organized. You should be capable of prioritizing multiple deliverables and effectively communicate progress and blockers. You should feel comfortable working across multiple data-sources, and be capable of participating in and understanding how multiple systems communicate information to one-another.
- Owning the design, development, and maintenance of scalable solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to support analytical and business needs.
- Translate basic business problem statements into analysis requirements.
- Use analytical and statistical rigor to answer business questions and drive business decisions.
- Find and create ways to measure the customer experience to drive business outcomes.
- Utilize code (Python, R, Scala, etc.) for analyzing sales/marketing data and building statistical models to solve specific business problems
- Apply or design highly innovative models for predictive learning, content ranking, and anomaly detection
- Analyze and extract relevant information from historical data and open data to help automate and optimize key processes
- Analyze key metrics or develop sub metrics to uncover trends and root causes of issues
- Communicate verbally and in writing to business customers and leadership team with various levels of technical knowledge, and share insights and recommendations
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience as a data scientist, data engineer or similar job function with a fast-pacing technology company
- 5+ years of coding experience in Python and also in at least another programming language (R, Scala, Java, Spark etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in Project/Product Management with demanding stake holders from various different organizations to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
- Practical experience with dashboard and data visualization by Excel, Tableau, Quicksight or other similar tool, including communication in pre and post development.
- Practical Experience in developing quick public web application(s) such as Django, Shiny, Plotly, etc.
- Practical experience to leverage Natural Language Processing (especially word embedding or BERT-like technique) in Japanese to deliver business results
- Practical experience in building solution(s) for Optimal Resource Allocation business problem in any organization
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Fluency in Japanese
- Business level English
- Familiarity with solutions such as AWS, EC2, S3, Analytics, AI/ML products on business settings
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.