Do you love solving problems whose solutions make the world a better place? Amazon’s World-Wide Sustainability Team is looking for a Principal Engineer to build sustainability-focused software systems in our mission. Amazon has the combination of opportunity, passion, and resources to build the next generation of industry-leading solutions that drive Sustainability through the core of our operations and beyond, using a wide range of data-driven and intelligent technological and business capabilities.
As a Principal Engineer you will work with a small team of highly skilled software, data, and test engineers to invent, design, and build highly stable and performant software. You will work with your internal customers to balance customer requirements with team requirements and help your team and business evolve. A successful candidate will thrive in a highly collaborative, results-oriented environment that leverages agile planning techniques. We are looking for an engineer who is comfortable working through ambiguity, is a creative problem solver, and who can own delivering features from concept to launch. And of course, a passion for sustainability doesn’t hurt!
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent work experience
· 10+ years of technical software development experience in a related industry
· Experience in at least one modern programming language
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with agile software development
· Experience closely collaborating with different roles to deliver solutions to customer problems
· Experience architecting a solution on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Experience developing big data processing, data pipelines, or other related systems
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and making them more effective software engineers
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Self-directed, flexible, goal-oriented and strong sense of ownership
· A passion for sustainability
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.