Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The mission of the Catalog Support and Programs (CSP) team is to provide a single point of contact for item-related problems and issues related to all retail and merchant catalog. As a member of Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems team, you’ll play a key role in driving Amazon’s business. You will be responsible for monitoring the data flow as well as meeting ticket SLAs and driving rootcause resolution defects.
The Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems team is responsible for the systems that allow our business units to provide customers with the largest, highest quality, and most up to date selection in the world. You will play a key role in supporting our business teams worldwide by providing critical product support, carrying out data research, liaising with technology and other internal teams on workflow improvements, data interpretation and data improvements and help providing solutions that drive ongoing improvements to the quality of Amazon’s catalogs.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities and outstanding business acumen. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and will be comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources. The candidate should also have strong communication skills, enabling them to work with key business stakeholders to understand requirements and shape analytical deliverables. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally. A keen sense of ownership and drive is a must. The role will work with a diverse set of data and cross-functional teams as well as use data to drive process improvement. An ideal engineer is one who enjoys discovering and solving ambiguous problems, can quickly learn complex systems, and enjoys building actionable insights from data.
To meet these challenges we are looking for passionate, talented and super-smart support engineers (m/f). We are looking of people who innovate, love solving hard problems and never take no for an answer. Our engineers are top-notch engineers, who work hard, have fun and make history.
· Big Picture: solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
· Proactive: You display energy and initiative in solving problems. You follow all possible avenues to get the job done
· Adaptable: You undertake a variety of tasks willingly. You switch from complex to routine tasks when required. You adapt quickly to new technologies and products. You work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles
· Quality: You demonstrate appropriate quality and thoroughness.
· Integrity: You act with personal integrity at all times
· Professional: You work within your team’s process. You confront problems (even when outside your own domain), propose solutions, take ownership through to resolution or ensure a clear hand-off. You have a positive, can-do approach to work
· Migrate the metadata and business rules from existing manual templates into Unified Platform to provide new listing experiences to internal customers.
· Analyze and fix inconsistencies of existing metadata and business rules
· Use problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements
For this position we expect:
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
· Fluent English language skills are required.
· Professional experience of 2+ years in Operations / Support environment.
· Demonstrated experience in Perl or shell scripts, Java, a sound understanding of web technologies.
· Detailed knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system and tools
· Proficient in Perl / Java
· Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence
· Ability to understand, troubleshoot and describe complex technical processes and issues.
· Clear and effective communication & documentation skills
· Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills (includes the ability to effectively use tools such as Excel) and an ability to analyze, migrate, solving ambiguity and fixing inconsistencies of metadata.
· Experience in coding or software development is a plus
· Experience in an international environment is a plus
· The ability to write macros is a plus
· Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
· The ability to align efforts of disparate groups to achieve a common goal
· Ability to take loosely defined business questions and translate them into clearly defined technical/data specifications
· Belief in the value of participating in, and contributing to a collaborative team environment
· Demonstrated ability to anticipate and manage change in a highly dynamic environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation