Your mission, should you be bold enough to accept it: invent scientific approaches that match today’s talent to the future roles of tomorrow. We’re looking for self-motivated builders to join a data-centric Talent Management team whose goal is to invent new, scalable ways to predict talent needs and to prepare our global workforce to impress our current and future customers. Specifically, this role focuses on creating and validating new measures to guide the best person-to-role fit and organizational designs. As a team, we shape the strategic direction and inform talent decisions at the highest levels.
This role is an opportunity to work in unchartered territory, taking ownership and designing new data models from scratch. You will need to have deep statistical and/or machine learning expertise and capable of delivering solid models that can be created into products. Successful candidates will be able to define ambiguous problems, launch talent and role measurement experiments and transform the way we anticipate large scale talent needs and develop our future leaders.
We are looking for a technical expert with a bend towards inventing new methods, who can think big and deliver scalable tech solutions to solve tough problems.
· Work with our operations and HR customers globally to define and anticipate talent-related challenges
· Dive into existing data sources (business, people, finance, role data, etc) as well as pitch and create new measures to inform possible data solves to business problems
· Design and execute experiments expertly applying scientific rigor while making real world trade-offs to produce, sooner-rather-than later, actionable wins
· Develop new predictive and optimization models as well as algorithms for key applications
· Present analytic findings, and more importantly the business impact of and opportunity of the same, to senior leaders
· Work in partnership with business stakeholders, HR tech and product owners to convert your data models into products
· Continuously seek to innovate as business needs evolve and as you invent new, simpler more effective ways to measure and predict talent and role fit
· Master’s degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or a related field
· 5+ years’ experience as Data Scientist or related technical field
· Experience in conducting applied research at organizations (e.g., cross-sectional, longitudinal, quasi-experimental)
· 5+ years’ experience with statistical analysis and modeling tools like R, Python, Matlab or similar
· PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or a related field
· Strong quantitative abilities including statistical modeling and statistical learning (e.g., regression, classification, clustering techniques) working with large data sets to build statistical algorithms/models to solve real-world problems
· Experience with natural language processing
· Experience in an operational environment developing, piloting and launching analytic products
· Experience with fast prototyping
· Experience working with cross-functional technical teams
Strong entrepreneurial drive and bias for action, proven ability to influence cross-functional peers, stakeholders, and executives
· A passion for incubating new ideas and proven ability to deliver innovative solutions to high-impact challenges
· High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.