“Alexa, help me transform and optimize my business leveraging AWS from a people, process AND platform perspective!” AWS is known for its unwavering customer obsession. Our Professional Services teams are on the front line of helping customers succeed using AWS data and analytics services that align with the new ways of managing people and re-architecting critical processes to complement the new cloud paradigm.
AWS Professional Services team members leverage their deep knowledge of AWS technologies in collaboration with our sales and partner teams to propose, architect, and implement transformational data and analytics solutions for customers. Helping make customer success a reality using AWS cloud as an enabler and seeing the impact in real-time drives our teams to explore new frontiers in leveraging AWS for our customers.
The Sr. Data & Analytics Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) is a new growth role within the Professional Services umbrella, and is principally oriented around a qualify-deliver-manage model. The individual is responsible for partnering with a Professional Services leaders to dive deep into a customer’s business challenge, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal data and analytics Professional Services engagement. Thereafter, the individual remains meaningfully engaged with that customer, Amazon team and project/program to provide oversight resulting in high-value, predictable, and successful delivery.
This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is an individual with a unique data and analytics expertise, hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
Do you have what it takes to bring yourself, your customers, and your team to the next level?
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· As a key member of the Account and Professional Services Go-To-Market teams, ensure success in designing, building, optimizing, transforming or migrating, data and analytics solutions to AWS platform
· Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS
· Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class data and analytics solutions built on AWS while ensuring such solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud and drive business outcomes
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts
· In partnership with the ProServe leadership and account team, formulate and execute a strategy to accelerate customer outcomes through the adoption of AWS in conjunction with Professional Services engagements
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content amongst the AWS Professional Services community
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
· Experience in selling and delivering business value to customers with Data Analytics solutions
· Experience in developing enterprise data and analytics strategy
· Consulting pre-sales experience and ability to sell $1M+ professional services engagements.
· Familiarity with TCO, ROI and Value Models to help Customers understand the cost/benefit equation associated with Data Analytics Cloud solutions
· Identify, lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, packaged offering, white papers, workshops, etc.
· 5+ years experience leading the design, development and deployment of Data, Analytics or Machine Learning solutions
· Knowledge of data landscape including the DWH/Spark/Hadoop Ecosystem
· Familiarity with on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, as well as MPP databases (Teradata, Netezza, Vertica and Greenplum)
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Business Administration
· One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
· AWS Certified Big Data Specialty is a plus
· Team leadership of team sizes > 30
· Industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences
· Extensive pre-sales experience with large-scale full-cycle data lake & cloud data warehouse consulting engagements
· Prior experience and knowledge of developing data and analytics solution for SAP
· Prior hands on experience in data lake / data warehousing design, tuning and ETL/ELT process development
· Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development
· Knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and Redshift
· Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment fast paced environment
· Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
· Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and Customers
· Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges of Data Analytics in an enterprise environment.
· Ability to develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
· Ability to collaborate with Global and Enterprise account teams and sales leadership to drive adoption of Data Analytic Solutions into top accounts.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.