The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security team is looking for a Security Engineer with a strong passion for utilizing big data and data analytics to achieve security-at-scale.
You will operate at the convergence of the hottest areas in tech: Big Data, Analytics, Security, Software Development and Cloud Services. You will develop a broad and deep understanding of the overall AWS security posture, work closely with AWS Security partner teams and AWS service teams to identify security threats, and use your security insight to relentlessly drive improvements to the AWS security posture through hands-on data analysis and automation of analytics. You will work with an immense amount of data and push the envelope with various advanced analytical techniques to find and mitigate security threats.
The AWS IT Security team is responsible for the security and availability of all of the services offered by AWS. This is a high visibility team that solves security challenges at a massive scale.
· BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field of math, science or engineering
· At least 5 years' experience using big data to address security challenges.
· At least 5 years' experience handling or supporting security investigations, penetration testing, and/or incident response across various operating systems and applications.
· At least 5 years' experience in at least one high-level programming language such as C, Python, Ruby, Golang, Java, or Scala
· Two plus years experience with big data tools such as Splunk, Hadoop/YARN, Accumulo, Spark, Presto, Redshift, etc.
· Understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
· Understanding of the Mitre ATT@CK framework and its application
· Knowledge of hardware and software common in large organizations (operating systems, office and productivity applications, laptops/servers, routers/switches, etc)
· Knowledge of standard network protocols and multiple levels (TCP/IP, HTTP(S), etc)
· Knowledge of various host and network telemetry data (e.g. process lists, application logs, netflow records) and how to relate them to each other
· MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field of math, science or engineering.
· Proficiency in SQL and at least some experience with analytical and NoSQL databases
· Experience working with data streaming technologies (Kafka, Spark Streaming, Kinesis, etc)
· Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS
· Passionate about data, security, technology, and challenging the status quo
· Working knowledge of statistical packages such as (R, SAS, Weka, RapidMiner, etc)
· Understands adversary tactics and can think like an attacker
· Working knowledge of graph databases
· Experience applying machine learning to real-world problems
· Comfortable working in a team environment using Agile methodologies
· Strong communication, interpersonal skills and fortitude to get stuff done
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us