We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to drive core systems development work for the new Amazon Dash Cart and other confidential projects. Our team is based in the Boston MetroWest area, but there is the option to work a few days a week in our Boston office (Lincoln Street). We are all currently working remotely due to COVID-19 until the end of June.
Amazon Dash cart allows shoppers to checkout without lines — you just place the items in the cart and the cart will take care of the rest. When you’re done shopping, you leave the store through a designated dash lane. We charge the payment method in your Amazon account as you walk through the dash lane and send you a receipt. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Dash cart uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Check it out at https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=21289116011.
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges and mentor other engineers. You will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. You will help invent new features, design, develop and deploy reliable distributed services. You will work with a variety of core languages and technologies.
You will tackle challenging situations every day and you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on many customers.
· Lead the development and support of IoT systems and related cloud services, including the core platform software (OS, deployment infrastructure)
· Work with Amazon's security team in developing solutions for ensuring and monitoring the security of our systems
· Work with the Hardware and Applied Science teams on the design and prototyping of new technology and evaluate technical feasibility of new systems
· Mentor and help develop junior engineers, and demonstrate best development practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BS in Computer Science or related technical field
· Proficient in C++, Java or other statically compiled language
· Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python, Ruby etc.
· Knowledgeable in shell scripting (e.g., bash)
· At least 5 years of experience as a key member of an engineering team
· Deep understanding of Linux internals and administration
· Solid system design skills
· Experience with the SW development life-cycle (Agile processes, testing) and related tools (e.g., Git)
· Experience in IoT, embedded software systems and AWS
· Familiarity with security solutions for embedded systems (e.g., secure boot, secure elements, filesystem encryption)
· Knowledge of networking protocols and support
· Experience working in start-up mode building products and services from the ground up
· Comfortable working in a cross-functional team and learning about new technologies