The AWS Outcome Driven Engineering (ODE) team dives deep directly collaborating with strategic customers on game-changing emerging technology and building new industry-specific products to spread the learnings and benefits of digitization across all industries. As a Principal Product Manager, you will manage a portfolio of industry products and solutions, partnering with customer executives and business leaders, ODE engineering, and Amazon teams to define transformational products, develop outcome driven business models, drive product vision and execution, and set new product strategy.
We’re looking for an accomplished technology veteran and product innovation leader to work with a multi-disciplinary team of software developers, subject matter experts, solutions architects, usability researchers, and builders to design, evangelize, and deliver state-of-the-art digital platforms and solutions with and for our customers. A successful candidate can lead exploration with c-suite executives, raises the product technology bar, makes strategic trade-offs between short term opportunity and long term sustainable industry change, thinks holistically about the product landscape, incubates game-changing technology in the face of ambiguous and sometimes shifting requirements, and generally GSD – Gets Stuff Done.
Each ODE co-development is like a start-up. As the product lead in this fast growing, exciting space you will own early market development for new offerings, drive the product portfolio vision, develop production execution strategy, and be responsible for measuring and achieving business results. A successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, work cross-organizationally to deliver results, and dive technically deep to lead product design decisions.
In addition to the Seattle Metro area, other locations in North America will also be given consideration.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team has a developed a reputation for attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes, we do get to build really cool services and work closely with customers, but we also think a big reason for our diversity is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
· Bachelor's degree or relevant equivalent experience
· 7+ years of experience as a technical product lead for customer facing digital products
· Proven success in building game-changing product portfolios
· Track record of delivering business and technology results for complex, cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple competing priorities
· Established leadership with end-to-end product delivery and direct customer collaboration
· Experience driving organizational strategy and solution-level design thinking
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
· Exhibits excellent, clear, and detail-oriented written and verbal communications on highly complex topics.
· Business acumen and instinct with strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Ability to develop complex delivery projects, multi-party business justifications including financial modeling and business transformation scenarios
· Experience leading a start-up or delivering disruptive technologies at scale in a mature market