The AWS Outcome Driven Engineering (ODE) team works directly with customers on game-changing emerging technology projects that directly impact the future of their business and industries. As Principal Architect, you will partner with customer executives, service engineering, and field teams to identify transformational outcomes and opportunities, ensure success through technology and delivery expertise and experience, and help ODE build new industry-specific products that delight customers and digitize industries.
We’re looking for an accomplished technology veteran to work with a multi-disciplinary team of solutions architects, engineering teams, subject matter experts, usability researchers, builders, and customer solution managers to design, evangelize, and architect state-of-the-art digital platforms and solutions with our customers. You must earn trust with c-suite executives at Fortune 200 customers, lead strategic technology exploration, think big about long term industry trends driving digitization, raise the technical bar on ODE products and solutions, facilitate innovative outcome-driven ideation and planning, develop prototypes, work across Amazon to uncover and incubate game-changing technology, and generally GSD – Get Stuff Done.
The successful candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow you to be the technical “face” of AWS within service and field teams as well as directly to end customers. You will be able to drive discussions with executives, senior technical and management personnel within customers and partners, as well as the technical background that enables them to interact with and give guidance to solution architects, data scientists, software developers, OT and IT pros. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team has a developed a reputation for attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes, we do get to build really cool services and work closely with customers, but we also think a big reason for our diversity is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
Locations: Seattle, Virtual or other North America locations may be considered.
10+ years technical solution design and architecture.
5+ years of experience building industry products or driving industry transformation e.g.:
· Building products for use by customers in the Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Automotive, Energy, or Sustainability industries
· Leading a major digital transformation in the Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Automotive, Energy, or Sustainability industries.
Proven expertise developing disruptive solution strategy and implementation as part of a product development or digital transformation effort in one of these industries.
Strong verbal and written communications skills, and an ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
Minimum of 6 months cloud computing experience using publicly available services.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics/statistics, computer engineering or related technical discipline
· Experience in physical operations including manufacturing, transportation, supply chain, energy systems or other industries
· Hands on builder experience, able to learn through building and reduce solution ambiguity through targeted prototype development and testing
· Experience working IoT, ML, advanced analytics, complex event progressing, and/or big data technologies
· Business acumen and experience driving non-linear business outcome through technology solution and implementation at scale
· Executive speaking and presentation skills including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
· Operational experience with web services as well as traditional industrial applications, systems management, and security experience.