Does building best-in-class shopping experience for customers excite you? Do you like to be at the center of launching new, fascinating devices every year for millions of our customers worldwide every year? Is your DNA beaming with Think Big, Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Obsession, Deliver Results, and Develop the Best?
Amazon Devices is looking for a results-oriented and passionate Software Development Manager who wants to help transform the way people shop for Amazon devices, bundles, and accessories: whether it's online or offline; on desktop, tablet, or mobile; or using the power of your voice.
Who We Are
We are the ones that make millions of customers on Amazon.com browsing and shopping for Amazon Devices like Echo, Tablets, Kindle, and Fire TV a reality and in several offline channels. We are one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
Who You Are
As the head of technology for the Amazon Devices Bundles and Accessories business, you will own the technical strategy and execution to build products, features, and services that facilitate the entire customer journey starting from search until checkout. Our north star vision is to delight customers with the right set of devices and accessories during their shopping journey and get as many Alexa enabled endpoints in customers’ houses; your strategic and technical vision powering bundles and product recommendations is going to be instrumental to bring that vision to life. This encompasses driving demand for our devices, creating unique shopping experiences across all channels, optimizing and personalizing content, and engaging with customers post-purchase. We are constantly seeking to improve and innovate; we move fast and experiment a lot with the goal of learning quickly and iterating. You will help drive the technical strategy, vision, and roadmap, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience. This is a highly visible role and inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with product management, design, product leads, marketing and technical program management teams to deliver new products, features, and services. You will communicate and have facetime with the Devices leadership and executive team on a regular basis: review 3-year technical roadmaps and prepare and participate in monthly program reviews, OP1, and QBRs.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong technical background, customer obsession and the ability to deal with ambiguity. It is also critical you have strong people development skills to manage a talented and experienced engineering team. Strong judgment and communication skills, long-term technical vision, and a continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for success in this role.
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 10+ years of progressive experience within a software/development team or a similar operating environment, including 5+ years of experience leading, managing and developing high-performing engineering teams.
· Strong design, architecture, and problem solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Experience building and scaling complex software systems.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Programming experience in C, C++, Java, or related technologies.
· Strong focus on customers and operational excellence.
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.