At Amazon we strive to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We are currently looking for a highly analytical and forward-thinking Financial Analyst to join our Consumer Finance FP&A team in MENA.
The role will be part of the MENA Consumer Financial Planning and Analysis team. You will partner closely with finance and business stakeholders, in UAE KSA & Egypt, and with our Corp FP&A team in global HQ (in Seattle) to provide timely analysis and insights. You will be primarily responsible for reporting and planning activities, decision support, controllership, and also have a focus on identifying and driving cost reduction opportunitites. You will also lead variance analysis for monthly/quarterly business reviews as well as execute ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
· Provide timely and insightful reporting of financial results
· Support financial review processes including monthly financial and quarterly business reviews, planning, forecasting, and ad hoc analytics
· Drive continual standardization and streamlining of planning and forecasting processes
· Develop tools to drive better understanding of MENA performance and metric trends
· Work with data source providers to ensure that data is accurate, automated and timely available
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· Bias for action, including the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· MBA / CA/ CPA, with 4+ or more years of post-qualification experience in Accounting / Management reporting and analysis / Forecasting & Budgeting
· Strong customer focus - both Internal / External · A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
· Detail-oriented, well-organized.
· Ability to readily adapt to and lead through changing environment
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· Proven expertise managing, evaluating, analyzing data quickly and creating meaningful business reporting
· Strong financial acumen
· Financial analysis and modeling skills
· Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadline
· Exceptional interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills.
· Experience using VBA, Cognos, SQL, Oracle Financial Applications