The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Amazon, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Are you passionate about making Amazon the best place for Brands to tell their story, discover and engage new customers, drive traffic to their products and grow their business? Brand Merchandising and Content (BMC) is a team that owns building automated, self-service tools and services that allow Brands of all sizes to increase and optimize conversion via measurement of different content options, drive incremental traffic via marketing and social channels, and accelerate growth via actionable marketing recommendations with one-click actions. We use a variety of optimization approaches (e.g., ML, NLP, MAB, heuristics etc.) to drive the discovery, engagement and conversion needs of Brands.
Using Amazon’s large-scale computing resources, you will build scalable services and workflows with ML based approach to solve complex problems like product lifecycle-based attribution, cold start, content experimentation and optimization. Your work will directly benefit Brands and Customers, you will quantify and measure the impact using real-time data aggregation and performance optimization.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16 week returnship program. There is a possibility of a full time offer conversion post returnship. These full time offers will likely be based out of Seattle, and all full time opportunities will offer relocation packages.
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
· 5+ years of industry experience.
· Experience in designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, Object Oriented Design and Distributed Programming or other similar languages.
· Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
· Excellent communication, problem solving, and written skills.
· Open to relocate to Seattle
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
· Experience developing cloud software services and design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Experience in web UI and AJAX-based interactive application development
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs