At Prime Wardrobe, our vision is to create a compelling global styling business that becomes customers’ most trusted fashion advisor. In addition to providing the convenience of recurring recommendations through Personal Shopper boxes, we will use customers’ personal preference information to enhance all shopping experiences.
Prime Wardrobe by Personal Shopper is looking for a Sr. Manager, Applied Science to help us delight customers through spot-on, engaging, personalized product picks, which includes thinking creatively, solving complex problems, and ultimately, developing the right recommendation models through Machine Learning. As a senior leader on our team, you will own the vision, roadmap, and development of personalized fashion picks, decidedly breaking away from status quo of shopping for fashion on Amazon. You will own our recommendations quality through cutting edge Machine Learning frontend and backend experiences to make that a reality. Further, this role expands into broader Softlines experiences through personalized recommendations.
We are seeking an Applied Science Manager who has a solid background in applied Machine Learning and AI, deep passion for building data-driven products; ability to communicate data insights and scientific vision, and has a proven track record of leading both applied scientists and software engineers to execute complex projects and deliver business impacts.
In this role, you will:
· Create and deliver a big, bold vision, associated goals, and corresponding initiatives for the personalized recommendations vertical within the program.
· Lead a group of both applied scientists and software engineers to deliver machine-learning and AI solutions to production.
· Advance team's engineering craftsmanship and drive continued scientific innovation as a thought leader and practitioner.
· Develop science and engineering roadmap, run Sprint/quarter and annual planning, and foster cross-team collaboration to execute complex projects.
· Perform hands-on data analysis, build machine-learning models, run regular A/B tests, and communicate the impact to senior management.
· Hire and develop top talents, provide technical and career development guidance to both scientists and engineers in the organization.
· Represent your team to leadership on a proactive and recurring basis; you partner well with peers to both educate and drive support.
· B.S. in Computer Science, Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Statistics, Mathematics, or related discipline
· At least 5 years of experience in managing a team of applied scientists and/or engineers as a tech lead or manager
· At least 5 years experience in building large-scale machine learning and AI solutions at Internet scale
· At least 5 years of experience with, at least, one model programming language such as Java, Python, Scala, C++
· M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Statistics, Mathematics, or related discipline
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models and infra for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
· Experience with Big Data technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Lucene/SOLR or Storm/Samza
· Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to all levels of the organization
· Experience in apparel/fashion science