At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Global Internal Audit is a fast paced, dynamic team. We focus on business and operational processes and the technologies that support them, looking for risks that could harm the company.
We are seeking a Manager, who will be part of a new Forensics and Fraud program in Internal Audit. This newly created role will report directly to the Director, Internal Audit – Forensics & Fraud. The role will work closely with various teams across Amazon including Legal, business leaders, and finance representatives. In this new role, you will help define and build the Forensics and Fraud audit capabilities, help enable our audit team to incorporate forensic and fraud risk programs into the audit process, formulate and delivey fraud related advisory projects, and support investigation needs across the business.
You will provide subject matter expertise to mitigating fraud, develop and implement processes and protocols to drive accuracy, consistency, and adherence to audit and investigation standards. You will deliver content and services to prevent and detect potential fraud and to triangulate patterns.
This role requires you consistently demonstrate and role model the company’s leadership principles. Success will require demonstrating high judgement, clear communication, and consistency in delivering results.
You will operate in a fast-paced environment, work autonomously and collaborate with stakeholders to integrate Amazon’s fraud risk assessment to the audit risk assessment. You will implement and execute protocols to tap into Internal Audit staff and resources for forensic, data analytics and technical expertise. You will understand the company’s business plans and risk landscape, both of which evolve quickly. In this role you will champion bold ideas on how to evolve and grow the capabilities of the forensic team and the methods used to perform its work.
Up to 35% travel may be required, including international travel.
· BA/BS degree in accounting, finance, business, law, data science, math or related field.
· 8+ years work experience in auditing, compliance, risk management, investigations, finance, law or a related field.
· Investigations and forensic accounting experience
· Experience working with legal counsel lead and deliver investigations
· Strong internal audit and risk management experience
· Experience in developing risk and fraud risk assessments
· Demonstrated ability to effectively drive collaboration
· Results-oriented – ability to motivate, influence, and manage diverse teams
· Track record of successful program management for large, cross functional projects, including rolling out both process and technology based improvements
· Comfortable working as an individual contributor with other resources to drive change
· Exceptional organizational and project-management skills
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral skill
· Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize, summarize and communicate important data
· Big 4 accounting or consulting firm experience
· CPA, CFE, CIA
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.