Do you get excited about working on scientific problems that will have a large, significant and lasting impact for Amazon customers? Are you interested in Computer Vision and Machine Learning? Are you thrilled about working in a startup-like environment? Search no more! We have an opening for an Applied Scientist in Berlin.
As an Applied Scientist, you will be driving prototypes, projects and solutions in the fields of computer vision, machine learning and image optimisation. Our work sits right at the intersection of research and engineering and we are delivering products with real world impact for Amazon Retail Experiences.
Research areas our team is excited about include but are not limited to:
· Image quality and image compression
· Visual representation learning
· First-order motion models for animation
· Research, design, implement and evaluate novel computer vision algorithms
· Work on large-scale datasets, creating scalable, robust and accurate computer vision systems in versatile application fields
· Collaborate closely with other scientists and engineers to drive systems from prototyping to production level
· Collaborate with teams spread all around the world
· Engage with the scientific community (within Amazon and beyond)
· Think outside the box and identify novel opportunities for a better customer experience
Your work will impact the shopping experience for millions of Amazon customers every day. Your ideas allow a fast path to production at scale and help us reshape the way we think about images at Amazon.
· PhD in computer vision/machine learning or related experience
· Broad knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in computer vision/machine learning
· Coding skills in two or more programming languages such as Python, C, C++, Java etc.
· Peer reviewed scientific contributions in relevant fields (e.g., CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICML, NeurIPS, ICLR)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Hands-on experience with popular deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or MxNet
· Hands-on experience with Python
· Experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment
· Industry experience either through full-time employment or internships
Take a look at www.amazon.science to learn more about research highlights and publications from the Amazon science teams.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.