How can Amazon improve the advertising experience for customers around the world? How can we help advertisers and customers find each other in a meaningful way? Amazon Advertising creates and transforms the connection between retailers, service providers and customers. Join the Analytics & Insights Team to contribute to product and service solutions that allow us to solve this with data science. If you are passionate about developing analytics and testing solutions to solve business problems, and are looking for a team that drives results to help influence Amazon business decisions, this is the right place for you.
The Analytics & Insights Professional Services Team is looking for a Head of Advertising Experimentation Team to lead a team of Data Scientists and Business Analysts who analyze big data to build models and algorithms that power our advertising experimentation services and products. We work with advertisers on recommendations for testing in order to improve their advertising effectiveness and strive to better understand the advertising and non-advertising features that best influence and predict advertising campaign performance and incrementality. In this role, you will set the vision and direction for the team and collaborate with internal stakeholders across product and services to scale and advance our experimentation and incrementality testing offerings. The ideal candidate must be willing to effectively lead the team, project-manage and prioritize across multiple stakeholders and tasks, exhibit strong problem-solving skills and be ready to jump into a fast-paced, dynamic and fun environment.
· Lead and provide coaching to the Advertising Experimentation Team including Data Scientists and Business Analysts.
· Partner with advertisers and experimentation teams to generate A/B and incrementality test recommendations to improve marketing effectiveness and inform their future marketing investments.
· Work with product, data science, experimentation and analytics teams to share knowledge from performance tests, design packaged experimentation insights and inform future product roadmaps.
· Use Amazon’s unique data, analyze huge and complex data sets, design and implement solutions using a range of data science methodologies to solve complex business problems.
· Demonstrate deep analytical ability, and develop great expertise in Amazon’s proprietary metrics, working to constantly evolve how we analyze and communicate data driven insights to our advertisers.
· Build consensus with business stakeholders on how your models and algorithms will drive the optimal results for Amazon customers.
· Educate advertisers and internal teams on performance and incrementality testing by writing whitepapers and knowledge documentation and delivering learning sessions.
· B.Sc. in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Science, Engineering, Economics, or other quantitative fields
· 7+ years of experience as a data scientist, economist, applied scientist, research scientist or equivalent data analytics role (or M.Sc. and 5+ years of experience)
· 2+ years of people management or supervisory experience
· Experience in estimation, experimental design, hypothesis and A/B testing
· Familiarity with probability, probability distributions, statistics and causal inference
· Experience with data scripting languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Ability to work cross-functionally and with others with diverse skill sets
· Experience with writing academic-styled papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects
· Ph.D. in Science, Engineering, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative fields
· Experience in marketing or advertising technology
· Experience with AWS services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.