The Sustainability Science and Innovations (SSI) team is looking for an Applied Scientist to join our team in building customer-focused sustainability products. The SSI team applies Machine Learning, Data Science, and Econometrics/Economics to drive strategic business decisions at the intersection of ML/Data Science and Amazon operations.
This is a unique, high visibility opportunity for someone who wants to have business impact, dive deep into large-scale economic problems, enable measurable actions on the Sustainable economy, and work closely with scientists and economists. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience building predictive models and working with distributed systems.
· 5+ years of combined academic and research experience
· PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or related field
· Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
· Experience in designing analytic and/or algorithmic solutions to business or operational problems
· Significant hands-on experience with at least two programming languages.
· Ability to develop in Spark and Scala
· Ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to serve as a technical lead
· Deep knowledge of probabilistic machine learning
· Experience developing software in traditional programming languages (C++, Java, etc..).
· Ability to clean, transform, and merge your own data in a procedural language like Python or R
· Strong publication record in top-tier journals and conferences.