Do you have a passion for diving deep to uncover key insights that drive critical business decisions? If yes, the Customer Behavior Cross Channel Optimization (CBA-XO) team is looking for somebody with your enthusiasm and skills to work as part of the WW central team.
Scientists and Economists at Amazon are solving some of the most challenging applied science questions in the tech sector. Amazon scientists apply the frontier of ML algorithms to market design, pricing, forecasting, program evaluation, online advertising, and other areas. Our scientists and economists build statistical models using our world class data systems, and apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment. A career at Amazon affords scientists the opportunity to work with data of unparalleled quality, apply rigorous applied science approaches, and work with some of the most talented applied econometricians and data scientists in the trade.
The Customer Behavior Analytics (CBA) organization owns Amazon’s insights pipeline, from data collection to deep analytics. We aspire to be the place where Amazon teams come for answers, a trusted source for data and insights that empower our systems and business leaders to make better decisions. Our outputs shape Amazon product and marketing teams’ decisions and thus how Amazon customers see, use, and value their experience. CBA-XO’s mission is to make Amazon’s marketing the most measurably effective in the world. Our long-term objective is to measure the incremental impact of all Amazon’s marketing investments on consumer perceptions, actions, and sales. This requires measuring Amazon’s marketing comparably and consistently across channels, business teams and countries using a comprehensive approach that integrates all Paid, Owned and Earned marketing activity. As the experts on marketing performance we will lead the Amazon worldwide marketing community by providing critical cross-country insights that can power marketing best practices and tenets globally.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to manage a talented team of machine learning scientists and economists to build long-term causal estimation products using a combination of econometrics, machine learning and statistics leveraging the power of big data. These products lay the foundation of several key initiatives and strategic program investments at Amazon, generating multiple $Bns in incremental value across the company.
- Applies deep expertise in causal modeling to develop large-scale systems that are deployed across the company. Reviews and audits modeling processes and results for other scientists, both junior and senior.
- Describes strategic importance of vision inside and outside of team. Identifies business opportunities, define the problem and roadmap to solve it. Brings a department or company-wide perspective in decision making.
- Partners with the Product and Engineering teams to build production level systems to estimate the incremental impact of Amazon’s Marketing
- Leads the project plan from a scientific perspective on small to medium product launches including identifying potential risks, key milestones, and paths to mitigate risks
- Coaches and gives feedback to direct reports to help develop talent and support career development
- Sets and balances goals across team to optimize performance against department goals and employee development. Identifies resource needs for the team.
· PhD degree with 4+ years of applied research experience or a Master's degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· 3+ years of experience directly managing scientists and/or machine learning engineers
· Three or more years of experience in development of technology products
· Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data
· Hands on experience with at least one of the following: Python, Spark
· Experience building and growing teams of ML Scientists or Economists
· Experience building production level systems for causal inference
· PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or related field
· Strong background in statistical modeling (e.g., program evaluation, forecasting, time series, panel data, and/or high dimensional problems), economic theory, and quantitative methods
· 3+ years of experience in developing analytical solutions for business problems
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
· Strong research and applied track record
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Marketing industry knowledge and previous experience in working on measurement / causal inference modeling
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us