Alexa is the groundbreaking, cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Fire TV with your voice. The Alexa on Fire TV team is building the science and technology behind Alexa. Come join us! Our goal is to delight our customers by adding new features to Alexa on Fire TV and by improving the accuracy of our existing speech recognition and natural language processing systems.
As a Research Scientist, you will be responsible for the natural language understanding models for Fire TV use cases. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
· Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
· Clean, analyze and select data to achieve goals
· Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
· Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds
· Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
· Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
· Experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· MS degree with at least 1 year of research experience in a quantitative field or PHD in a quantitative field
· Master’s degree in a relevant field
· 2+ years’ experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
· Experience using Python, Perl, or another scripting language; command line usage
· Experience diving into data to discover hidden patterns and conducting error analysis
· Experience applying various machine learning techniques and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
· Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships
· Knowledge of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
· PhD in a relevant field
· The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with statistical modelling or machine learning
· Excellent communication, strong organizational skills and very detailed oriented
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Ability to think creatively and solve problems
· Fluency in a language other than English
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation