The Amazon Business team is looking for a smart, creative, and data-driven Content Marketing Manager. Content will drive awareness, thought leadership, and support both lead generation and account based marketing campaigns. In this role, you will build and execute customer-focused messaging and content assets. You will define the right message, at the right time, to encourage customers to use Amazon Business for business purchases. You will work closely with Brand Advertising, Creative, MarTech and Sales to deliver a high volume of B2B content assets that drive measurable results. You will be able to think big, invent, and lead the creation and successful execution of a robust content marketing production pipeline, including defining and managing to performance metrics. Amazon Business represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and B2B customer base. This experienced marketer will be passionate about business writing, is skilled at translating complex concepts into concise messages, and has an unwavering attention to detail.
The Content Manager will be responsible for writing and producing compelling brand narratives, collateral, and campaigns. You will work backwards from customer requirements to identify content needs and develop a roadmap, process, and plan for addressing content gaps. You will partner with subject matter experts to synthesize complex technical and business concepts into clear and concise messaging that drives awareness, consideration, and adoption of Amazon Business. In this role, you will write, edit, produce, deliver, and measure final deliverables that raise the quality bar. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional writing and editing skills, and an eye for information design. You are an effective individual team contributor and strong communicator who can work with key stakeholders across multiple internal teams. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, have solid business judgement, enjoy testing and scaling within digital channels, and bring a positive attitude to your work.
If you’re looking to join a dynamic, growing team in a high-impact role, this is a great fit for you.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Create on-brand, best-in-class content, tailored to appropriate customers and effectively build acquisition and adoption campaigns for business customers. Execute against a content marketing strategy that includes both top of funnel and mid funnel content. Content types may include: blogs, published articles, website content, off Amazon advertising, case studies, whitepapers and infographics.
· Work with internal and external subject matter experts across functions and geographies to extract the relevant value proposition, and then write compelling and effective copy that adapts voice and tone to the appropriate audience, tells a compelling story, and maintains accuracy.
· Manage all aspects of production (writing, design, and distribution) for external and internal content; propose new ways of delivering content that expands awareness and consideration of Amazon Business.
· Deliver against a content development process and standards that ensure consistency and raise the bar on content.
· Assess the current state of customer-facing content to identify needs, deficiencies, and gaps.
· Track and report content effectiveness metrics to internal stakeholders, as well as continually monitor, analyze, and tune messaging to maximize conversion. Maintain scalable, repeatable methods of measurement and performance tracking for content.
· Work at tactical level to champion bold, creative ideas for multi-channel marketing campaigns.
· Field and publish industry research to position Amazon Business as a thought leader.
· Work with PR and brand advertising to effectively tell our industry specific stories.
· Leverage data in a way that informs your messaging and design decisions.
· Communicate and present your team’s work appropriately.
· 3+ years of marketing experience
· Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
· Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in content marketing, digital marketing, research and brand marketing.
· Outstanding copywriting and editing skills, producing content and campaigns, with a demonstrated ability to distill technical concepts into clear and concise messaging that is communicated visually and compellingly through the appropriate content delivery mechanisms.
· Experience creating content for a variety of mediums.
· Experience facilitating agreement among multiple senior stakeholders with competing priorities.
· High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Knowledge of digital marketing tools (e.g., web CMS, marketing automation, image editing, web analytics).
· Solid project management skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple programs and priorities.
· Strong analytical skills, ability to understand and use web metrics to gauge trends and evaluate content performance.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and agencies.
· Experience in B2B marketing, high-tech product/services.
· Ability think strategically while being hands on, organized, and detail-oriented.
· Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done, even when it’s outside the scope of the job.
· Flexibility and tenacity in the face of ambiguous, competing, and ever-changing priorities.
· Able to thrive in an agile environment, and be able to straddle between strategy and execution as needed.
· Strong project management, creative thinking and analytical skills.
· Excel at cross-group collaboration and problem solving.
· Ability stay connected to details and maintain high standards, even under tight deadlines.
· A curious self-starter with a proven track record of diving into unknown territory and learning new concepts.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.