UX Designer, Visual Shopping
We are seeking a UX Designer for Visual Shopping. In this role, you will work with a cross-discipline, passionate team to conceptualize, define, and design how customers shop with video and visual content on Amazon. From diving deep to understand customer needs, to crafting effective and usable design patterns that form the foundation of visual shopping across Amazon, you practice collaboration and efficiency and help raise the bar for UX design within your team. As a UX designer, you are the multidisciplinary core of our design practice, and will creatively shape and drive the customer experience, while being a constant advocate for what is right for the customer. You are passionate about the power of video and visual imagery to inspire, inform, and help customers make product decisions.
About the Hiring Team
Amazon’s Shopping Design team makes Amazon more personal and human. We guide the vision and customer experience for shopping across mobile apps, web, and desktop. We design the customer journey from discovery and evaluation of products and programs, to writing and reading product reviews, to gifting and saving products for later, to checking out and completing purchases. We’re also the team that defines the UX guidelines and design language that enables teams across Amazon to design on-brand shopping experiences efficiently and at scale. Our future-thinking projects push the bounds of what it means to shop and experience Amazon. We are designers, researchers, technologists, and inventors; we learn from each other. We invest in each of our team members by helping them build their unique careers.
Please include an online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating a history of creating customer-focused, simple and intuitive designs using best practices for usability.
· Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Design, HCI or related field, or equivalent professional experience within the design field.
· 3-5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer, or similar role designing mobile, web, or other on-device applications.
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating a history of creating customer-focused, simple and intuitive designs.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Experience leading design projects in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team including designers, product managers, and software developers.
· Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Invision, Flinto, Figma, or similar.
· A desire and ability to work with and for a diverse group of colleagues and customers.
· Passion for designing mobile experiences and working with video.
· Familiarity with user research methodologies and turning customer feedback into actionable findings.
· Familiarity with design systems and using global components for page design.
· Ability to deliver high-quality solutions in a rapid, iterative design and development environment.
· Experience working creatively around constraints and navigating ambiguous situations.
· Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to influence and deliver results.
· Experience working on a collaborative multi-disciplinary team that includes other designers, product managers .and software developers.
· Comprehensive knowledge of the latest design concepts and emerging trends in user-centered design.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Experience translating concepts into concrete depictions to clarify ideas and advance collaboration based on shared understanding.
· Familiarity with accessibility best practices.