The mission of the SAIF Compute Science and Engineering organization is to enable Alexa modelers to develop and deploy world-class AI-driven experiences on Cloud/Edge using critical data while ensuring end-customer privacy. Our engineers and scientists deliver a secure, efficient, and easy-to-use computational environment, zero-touch end-to-end model-building services, Deep Learning frameworks, and ML-based data selection and labeling platforms.
As a Senior Manager of the Science and Product on the team, you'll be responsible for building strategically significant experiences and prioritizing new areas to tackle to accelerate Alexa model building. You will set the course for a multi-year strategy to deliver these experiences for all Alexa scientists and engineers. You will lead the definition and steer the execution of a portfolio of customer and developer features. You'll get to hire and develop a team of product and science leaders, and define and evangelize the vision for your strategy with senior leadership.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
· 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
· 2+ years people management experience.
· 3+ years of hands on experience in architecting and building highly scalable distributed systems.
· Experience with OOD and object oriented languages.
· Deep hands-on technical experience with developing and maintaining large scale cloud and big data services.
· Strong business and technical vision.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical, and Business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
· Prior experience with developing Machine Learning tools and services.
· Prior experience with AWS technologies.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.