Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
We are seeking exceptional candidates who possess a blend of technical and customer-facing skills to successfully support the Amazon Mobile-Robotic Solutions. This job will require a unique combination of flexibility, troubleshooting, creativity, leadership skills, drive and ability to travel. As part of this highly visible team, candidates have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with multiple teams within Amazon to contribute to the continuous innovation of the Mobile-Robotic Systems.
A successful candidate will have a consulting aptitude, strong ownership, passion for hardware and operational troubleshooting, customer-facing skills, and a desire to work within an elite group at the leading edge of Amazon's Mobile-Robotic System operations.
· Front line resolution of RME technical inquiries and escalations; the topics of these inquiries and escalations may include but are not limited to: Hardware Failures, Degraded Hardware Performance and Safety Critical Issues.
· Provide On-Site Support to building deployments (recover disabled drives, ensure HW functionality, coordinate and deliver RME Trainer Training, ensure spares & tools are in place, facilitate EAM uploads and set-upetc.). Works with reachback support teams on resolution of complex technical inquiries and escalations.
· Proactively monitor system performance and react to field issues using pre-defined troubleshooting methods to address concerns associated with hardware and floor health and escalate to RME and HSE Leadership when necessary.
· Present site hardware status at daily HSE Stand-Up Meetings using established performance dashboards.
· Collect, analyze, and report field failure data and quality trends to field quality and other reachback support engineers.
· Coordinate site audit schedule and pre-audit communication. Execute AR audits and prepare audit reports. Work with local teams to develop and track corrective action plans to completion.
· Collect data and provide preliminary analysis for biweekly SME sessions with site RME teams (Area Maintenance Managers, Lead Techs, and other HSEs). Review hardware performance, training, upcoming retrofits, product quality incidents and maintain action register at the sessions.
· Collect voice of the customer feedback regarding continuous improvements for AR processes, tools and fixtures.
· Conduct ARU field training and certification classes for RME.
· Work with DE and Construction to review the results of pre-launch testing, investigating non-compliances to drive those to root cause and corrective action when required.
· Ability and willingness to travel > 75% of the time within sites in the assigned region.
· Bachelor’s with 4 years’ of experience in engineering (ME, EE or CS) or related technical field or 5+ years of relevant work experience.
· Knowledge and/or working experience with statistical analysis tools.
· Experience leading disciplined technical problem-solving.
· Ability to perform crisis management and develop action plans to mitigate and resolve technical challenges in customer facing role.
· Master's Degree
· Demonstrated experience with 8D, 5-Why, Fishbone, and FMEA, among others.
· Experience with handling large data sets
· Experience with training and technical documentation a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team.
· Desire to learn intricate system operations in order to root cause difficult technical problems.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills for technical and non-technical content.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .