Do you love launching new brands? As an attorney on our IP team, you’ll manage trademark matters for multiple business segments in our product and content spaces. You will interact directly with teams to protect their brands, trademarks, copyrights and domain names. Responsibilities include direct management of clearance, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement of our growing US and foreign trademark portfolio, client counseling, licensing, developing and implementing intellectual property protection policies, and educating and coaching the business on intellectual property matters.
This position will be an attorney in a dynamic team of IP professionals responsible for trademark, copyright, clearance and domain issues globally. Compensation based on experience and includes equity compensation. This role is based in Seattle.
· A law degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar or foreign equivalent
· 2+ years post-graduate legal experience
· Experience managing a trademark portfolio, consisting of domestic and foreign marks
· Experience leading investigations and negotiations to resolve third-party trademark disputes
· Advising internal clients on appropriate trademark use
· Assisting with investigation of third party use of marks
· Supporting licensing review and activities
· Reviewing products and packaging design for trademark, design and copyright issues
· Expert-level knowledge of trademark and copyright issues, opportunities and best practices for companies
· Ability to be responsible for all trademark and copyright-related activities for multiple business segments, including training, branding, risk assessment, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement, in a fast-paced, frugal environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.