At Amazon Games, we see gaming becoming the largest entertainment form on Earth. We are seeking the industry’s best talent to help us create, publish and support games being developed in our Seattle studios. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Amazon’s tools and technology, including Twitch, AWS, and more, to shape the future of games.
Amazon Games is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Back-end Software Development Engineer. In this role you will lead the charge on back-end services engineering, server architecture, security, scalability, and much more for new and upcoming mobile games. The ideal candidate has a proven track record contributing to high quality scalable applications or games. You have deep technical knowledge of .net core, distributed .net (Microsoft Orleans), and web-tech for games. You are familiar with modern game engines such as Unreal 4 or Unity. You possess strong communication skills and production sensibilities. You thrive in a fast paced environment and aim to create great games that will be loved for years to come.
Day to day you'll work with our team to design, create, and implement back-end services, prototype and implement new features, be an advocate for the customer, and wear multiple hats.
· Own and maintain the back-end design, development, and deployment of new features to our players
· Ensure features are integrated cleanly with existing features and platform infrastructure to deliver a seamless experience
· Tackle and diffuse difficult problems that are often not well defined by delivering elegant, practical and functional code
· Develop and deploy services to support and improve large scale games and delight our players
· Collaborate with your team to develop project plans and commitments, and then work together to deliver consistently against those commitments
· Drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience
· Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and engaging features that will blow our players’ minds
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
· 3+ years in a professional software development role doing back-end web services
· 5+ years’ experience writing code in languages such as C# and/or C++
· Experience in highly scalable, distributed enterprise-level systems
· Game Development experience
· Experience building back-end services in .net core and distributed .net (Microsoft Orleans)
· Experience working on large scale, commercial online services
· Experience with Restful API development, AWS, and Databases.