Are you passionate about leveraging your economics/econometrics skills and data to deliver actionable insights that impact daily business decisions at Amazon? Does the prospect of dealing with large data excite you? Do you like getting "scrappy" with data and applied economics tools to answer challenging product and customer behavior questions? Do you enjoy building flexible, performant, and global solutions for complex financial, risk, and causal inference problems? If so, here is a great opportunity to consider!
Amazon B2B Payments is seeking a thoughtful Economist who combines their technical economics/econometrics expertise with business intuition to build flexible, performant, and global solutions for complex business problems. You will generate critical insights to set the strategic direction to enhance our product features and processes that will delight our customers.
As an Economist on the Credit Systems Research team, you will design and build systems/solutions that support financial products. You will work closely with business partners, software and data engineers to build scalable solutions that deliver exceptional value for our customers. You will utilize intellectual and technical capabilities, problem solving and analytical skills, and excellent communication to deliver customer value. You will partner with product and operations management to launch new, or improve existing, financial products within B2B Payments.
You will help support our causal analysis and experimentation workstreams. You'll use novel and advanced causal economics/econometrics techniques to answer questions on a number of challenging business questions related to credit systems products within B2B Payments org. You will be responsible for researching insights as well as educating the business, product, marketing, and business development teams on the implementation of those insights to enable data-driven, day-to-day decision making. You will partner with our marketing, product management, global engineering, operations and Finance teams to:
· Contribute to the development and enhancement of business payment products and features.
· Use observational as well as experimental data and develop empirical econometric analysis and models to drive the business and improve our causal inference workstream.
· Understand business and product strategies, goals and objectives. Help set the causal and experimental roadmap to drive the goals of the business.
· Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· Provide support on experimental design, exploratory data analysis, pricing experiments, and data management.
· Masters degree in a quantitative area such as economics, econometrics, finance, quantitative marketing, math, statistics, or equivalent experience.
· 3+ years of professional/research experience in a business environment or advanced degree in a quantitative field.
· Experience with A/B testing, statistics and model development.
· Proficient in using SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse solutions and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
· Ability to process large data sets from multiple data sources
· Ability to solve complex business problems.
· PhD degree in Economics, Math, Finance, or Statistics or other related fields from an accredited university
· Experience in payments, business analysis, strategic consulting, marketing, product management, credit risk or fraud risk
· Experience in complex data cleansing, data validation and master data management
· Experience in empirical econometrics/microeconomics, machine learning algorithms
· Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
· Experience in using Python, R, Stata or other Statistical / Machine Learning Software.
· Skills in data visualization tools like Quicksight, Tableau or similar BI tools.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.