Japan Consumer Innovation's mission is to help every vendor drive the most significant impact selling on Amazon. Our team invent, test and launch some of the most innovative services, technology, processes for our global vendors.
Amazon is looking for a talented and passionate Head of Data Science and Analytics leader to build: world class team, demonstrate thought-leadership and guide the team to make the right scientific or technical trade-offs to meet long term/short-term business needs, and oversee the build of statistical and machine learning models to understand and growth for our vendors. You will lead research and drive greenfield invention leading a team of data scientists, analyst and working side by side with our software engineers, applied scientists, product managers, and UX designers. You will be comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
This person is accountable for:
(1) Creating a road map of the most challenging business questions from our leading vendors and use data to articulate possible root cause analysis and solutions.
(2) Co-create with other scientists across Amazon globally, machine learning experts, and economists to design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways to improve vendor analytics, prove incrementality and drive growth.
(3) Partner with technology and product leaders to solve business and technology problems using scientific approaches to build new services that surprise and delight our vendors.
(4) Understanding drivers, impacts, and key influences on vendor growth dynamics.
(5) Drive actions at scale to provide high impact services for vendors using scientifically-based methods and decision making and driving a low cost to serve.
(6) Helping to build production systems that take inputs from multiple models and make decisions in real time.
(7) Automating feedback loops for algorithms in production.
(8) Utilizing Amazon systems and tools to effectively work with terabytes of data.
Science at Amazon is a highly experimental activity, although theoretical analysis and innovation are also welcome. Our scientists work closely with software engineers to put algorithms into practice. They also work on cross-disciplinary efforts with other scientists within Amazon.
· Bachelor’s degree (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science).
· 7+ years leading and delivering data analytics and machine learning solutions with experience in econometric modelling, NLP, deep learning, recommendation systems, choice modeling, time series, or natural language processing, dialogue systems, information retrieval
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objective.
· PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics or related field.
· 1+ years of experience managing Machine Learning Scientists, Data Scientists and/or Economists
· Skilled with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, SAS, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language