Interested in Amazon Alexa? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Alexa and Amazon products and services such as the Amazon Echo and Dot. Come join us!
We're looking for a Data Science Manager who combines exceptional technical and analytical capabilities to build and lead a team that will be integral to the continued improvement of Amazon Alexa. As a Data Science Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of researchers and data experts in the design, development, testing, and deployment of speech and language data processes and model improvements, supporting a range of products.
· Conducting and coordinating process development leading to improved and streamlined processes for model development. Strong customer focus is essential.
· Providing technical and data driven guidance to your team members.
· Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
· Supporting the career development of your team members.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated experience in people management, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, a strong technical ability, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
· Masters in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a closely related field.
· Proven leadership in ML.
· Experience leading and launching ML projects.
· 8+ years of work experience in areas such as data analytics, data modeling, machine learning, search or personalization- related problems, and large scale simulation.
· Experience in managing and quantifying improvement in multiple business areas resulting from business analytics, optimization techniques, and/or statistical modeling.
· Demonstrated use of modeling and optimization techniques tailored to meet business needs and proven achievements in industrial production systems.
· 3+ years of direct people management experience including duties such as performance evaluation and career development.
· Experience as leader of a science team and developing junior members from academia/industry to a business environment
· Knowledge of various machine learning techniques and key parameters that affect their performance
· Knowledge of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
· Knowledge of standard software development practices
· Ph.D. in Statistics, Data Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a closely related field.
· Experience with spoken language understanding systems.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities, especially with cross-disciplinary efforts.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Project management experience
· Scrum / Kanban
· Experience with data engineers or business analysts in Big Data analytics
· A good understanding of analysis of algorithms and computational complexity
· Expertise in prototyping and scripting languages (Python, R or Perl) with applications of efficient large-scale data analysis in a complicated system
· Proficiency in one or more languages other than English.
Please can you forward your applications in English