Amazon Web Services is looking for world class scientists to join the Security Analytics and AI Research group within AWS Security Services. This team is entrusted with researching and developing core data mining and machine learning algorithms for various AWS security services like GuardDuty (https://aws.amazon.com/guardduty/) and Macie (https://aws.amazon.com/macie/). On this team, you will invent and implement innovative solutions for never-before-solved problems. If you have a passion for security and experience with large scale machine learning problems, this will be an exciting opportunity.
The AWS Security Services team builds technologies that help customers strengthen their security posture and better meet security requirements in the AWS Cloud. The team interacts with security researchers to codify our own learnings and best practices and make them available for customers. We are building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems to power next generation services.
· Rapidly design, prototype and test many possible hypotheses in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative and business judgment
· Collaborate with software engineering teams to integrate successful experiments into large scale, highly complex production services
· Report results in a scientifically rigorous way
· Interact with security engineers and related domain experts to dive deep into the types of challenges that we need innovative solutions for
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
· 2+ years of algorithm development experience
· 4+ years of coding with at least one of the following: Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
· Track record of peer reviewed academic publications.
· Experience with information security, threat detection or related domain
· 1+ years of working knowledge of Apache Spark and Scala
· Strong verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively collaborate with both research and technical teams.
· Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment.
· Expertise on a broad set of ML approaches and techniques, ranging from Artificial Neural Networks to Bayesian Non-Parametric methods.
· Strong Experience in Structured Prediction and Dimensionality Reduction.
· Experience with defining organizational research and development practices in an industry setting
· Domain experience with threat detection techniques
· Track record of developing novel algorithms to help detect stealthy zero-day attacks
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us