This position can be located anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Are you customer obsessed? Does your product roadmap start with the customer and work backwards from there? Are you creative, innovative, and love to dive deep? Is agile a mindset and not just a methodology?
We have a highly skilled team that builds applications that use exciting new AWS services and open source frameworks from IoT to Machine Learning to chat bots and image recognition. We are developing reusable artifacts based on trends in customer requests.
We are looking for top-notch technical product managers with a strong agile mindset to drive product innovation to build these artifacts.
What’s in it for you? You will be part of an exceptional team of product managers and engineers where collaboration is highly valued, where innovation is something that happens every day, where taking risks is encouraged and where every day is Day One. You will face unique challenges, learn from some of the brightest minds in the industry and lead the development of exciting applications that target hard customer problems. You will have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest growing, customer obsessed, and innovative companies in the world.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 7+ years of experience as a technical product manager or project lead.
· 5+ years of experience managing technical projects from design to release.
· 3+ years working with Agile or Scrum in a product or project role.
· 1+ year experience hands on software development or engineering or equivalent education.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
· Experience with AWS services.
· Ability to understand systems and networking issues.
· Expertise in agile software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile estimation and planning, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Meets or exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets or exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.