Amazon is all in on games. We are a new and energetic team building central solutions for our games. As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of engineers responsible for owning and delivering high performing, client side applications that interact with large scale distributed systems. In this position you will partner with UX designers, game developers, and other internal partners. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
At Amazon Games, you’ll have the power of AWS cloud to build amazing experiences for players, streamers and creators. No game development required! If you have been looking for a way to break into the gaming industry this is the place for you.
Key responsibilities include:
· Work closely with the engineers and UX designers to architect and develop great looking, usable products that will delight millions of players
· Instill best practices for software development including design, development, QA and operational excellence
· Hire, manage and grow a team of talented engineers.
· Take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· 3+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring building client side desktop or mobile applications
· 7+ years professional experience in software development
· BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong track record of owning and delivering Windows desktop applications
· Passionate about building simple and elegant software solutions with focus on usability and performance
· Knowledge of client side technologies including WPF, Electron, React, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.