Amazon Publisher Services (APS) helps digital publishers around the world build and grow thriving businesses. We provide services and advanced technologies to web, mobile app and advanced TV publishers of all sizes, including many of comScore’s global top 100, to help them monetize their content with demand from multiple programmatic buyers. Our server-side header bidding solutions are fast and reliable across devices, handling billions of queries per day, delivering ads in milliseconds. The result is more profitable advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to focus on expanding the 3rd party (3P) buyer and partner relationships we bring to bear for APS publishers. Just as 3rd party sellers transformed the Amazon e-commerce business, 3rd parties are accelerating the growth of Amazon Publisher Services. We need a product manager who will bring to market and scale high-impact advertising products to create even more value between our buyers and sellers. It is really Day One for APS, and this role will provide you the opportunity to define and drive the next generation of Amazon’s advertising program.
· Work closely with our 3P customers, Engineering, Legal, Business Development, Account Management, Program Managers, and Marketing teams to improve the adoption and long-term value of APS.
· Own and improve the product features and integration documentation for 3P customers across a multitude of publisher segments.
· Use customer feedback, market trends, business initiatives, and data analyses to define the roadmap priorities and timelines.
· Drive our most important product initiatives end to end (ideation to adoption) to realize the full benefit for our customers.
· Collaborate with publisher (supply-side) product managers on a coordinated execution plan that will enable us to move quickly, focus on customer needs, and drive operational excellence.
· Develop a shared understanding of the architecture and the technology of Amazon’s ad products and collaborate with cross-organizational engineering teams to deliver success.
· Evangelize your product vision to senior management and diverse stakeholders through deep ad systems knowledge, customer research, hands-on data analysis, and industry expertise.
· Conduct hands-on troubleshooting and ensure timely resolution of issues for our customers.
Join this team to experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon Inc.(AMZN), one of the world’s leading Internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, Austin, New York, London, and Tokyo. Learn more at aps.amazon.com.
· 1+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience with product cycles of 6+ months
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Bachelor's Degree
2+ years of experience working directly in the ad tech space
· Solid understanding of the online advertising marketplace including how media is bought, sold and delivered
· Proven track record in bringing new, transformative products to market
· Ability to use customer needs and challenges to provide thought leadership that fosters product innovation and business opportunities.
· Exceptional written (documents, not PowerPoint presentations) and verbal communication abilities; must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people at all levels.
· Strong quant and analytical abilities – you use data to make decisions but do not suffer from analysis paralysis.
· Familiarity with a database query language or Hive.
· Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or related field.
· Able to travel 1-2x/quarter (following office closures)
Open to candidates sitting in Austin TX, NYC, or Palo Alto CA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.