N.B. The role is for a Fixed Term Contractor for 12 months.
Amazon Softlines Private Brands (SPB) started as separate businesses lead out of the US and EU respectively. Following the success of the Globalization Team in facilitating brands that originated either in the US or EU to be sold globally we are now excited to embark on our next evolution of the business. Through 2021 SPB will move to a global business model bringing together the portfolio of US / EU brands to a single global portfolio of brands and global assortment across those brands. Development of product will be global led by Centres of Excellence in the US (Women’s, Men’s, Kids’, Shoes) and EU (Lingerie, Athletic, Sustainable Brand). The Globalization team will lead this transition and will be responsible for ensuring that processes, tools and mechanisms work globally and are optimizing to serve our customers globally.
We are seeking a highly motivated Product Manager Globalization with a passion to work with multiple teams across the world and different functions to develop our processes, tools and mechanisms to best serve our global customers. You have experience leading projects. You have experience working with diverse sets of stakeholders over large geographic distances and various communication. You are organized, efficient and insist on the highest standards. You are an independent self-starter who thrives in owning projects. You have great analytical skills and excel at communication.
Sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Product Manager Globalization include:
· Identify areas that our current processes, tools and mechanisms do not work globally.
· Partnering closely with cross functional teams including the Retail category teams, Legal, Tax, Product Compliance, Social Accountability, Finance, Sourcing, and global suppliers to deliver customer satisfaction.
· Identify process gaps and drive projects for sustained improvements, influencing and working with technology, operations and business teams and leaders
· Driving various projects to automate and scale our ability to globalize brands
· Become a subject matter expert in SPB processes across functions such as Product Development, Business Management, Catalog and Instock
· Work with BI (data teams) to ensure that all stakeholders have access to key data globally
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years of experience working in consulting, retail, or technology industry
· Ability to complete analysis, including experience in Microsoft Excel
· Strong self-starter, confident to operate relatively autonomously
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work to work across multiple projects and consistently deliver results.
· Strong team player and the ability to work with a wide cross-section of people in various locations.
· Experience working in multiple international locations
· Experience managing global supply chains (planning, forecasting, operations)
· Knowledge of and passion for fashion
· Processes Experience with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma