Amazon Operations: HR Assistant III 2021 (Entry Level)
BY SUBMITTING THIS APPLICATION YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR NATIONWIDE HRA OPPORTUNITIES
This role will start between January 2021 and September 2021.
This is a full-time position.
Amazon is looking for high-potential leaders, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations as a senior human resources assistant (Sr. HRA)! As a Sr. HRA, you will promote and maintain positive employee relations for the associates and managers within our fulfillment centers. If you are excited to help lead in the HR space, apply to join our team in Amazon Human Resources as a Sr. HRA! Amazon provides extensive training and development for entry level Sr. HRA’s to learn to become exceptional HR leaders.
As a Sr. HRA, you lead within HR areas of focus including: benefits and compensation issues, leave of absences, performance management, wage and hour issues, as well as assist with recruitment and retention activities. As an integral part of the HR team, the Sr. HRA will support the HR Business Partner and Manager at one of Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers.
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! Our Operation’s workflow can be broken three major lanes: first mile - where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile - where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile - when the product is delivered to your door. Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer.
Locations and Placement:
· The position is NOT a corporate role and will be located in a fulfillment center, sort center, delivery station, or other warehouse environment
· Must be willing to relocate at time of hire (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
· Recruiting and selection: Manage on-site transfers, promotions, and hourly hiring from posting, selection, recruiting systems management, and onboarding
· Employee relations: Promote positive employee relations through survey management, roundtable facilitation, and employee recognition projects and systems
· Data Analytics: Produce and analyze reports to assist with labor planning and management. Utilize HRIS systems for data entry, modification, and reporting
· Compensation and Payroll: Ensure payroll accuracy through audits, reporting, and proactive measures.
· Compliance: Provide policy expertise to clients, manage site drug testing program, and ensure pre and post-hire requirements are completed.
· Performance management: Assist client groups with weekly and yearly performance management systems and tools ensuring complete and timely delivery
· Work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts
· Work overtime both in peak season and as needed
· Stand/walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours
· Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Access all areas of building, ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways
· Regularly bend, lift, stretch and reach both below the waist and above the head
· A bachelor’s or master’s degree with a conferral date between May 2019 and August 2021
· Degree in HR, HR Management, Labor Relations, or a related field.
· Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access and Payroll Systems and/or HRIS.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits and employee issues as an employee in Human Resources.
· Organized and detail oriented. Accuracy is something you strive for.
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and when given a deadline, you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.