Bring your instructional design & operations experience to help us build the future of heavy/bulky selling at Amazon!
We seek an experienced, detail oriented leader who couples strong procedural and process definition experience with deep training and engagement expertise to define, build and scale repeatable operations and training for an entirely new selling channel. In this high-profile role, you will architect and build a ground-up capability owning operating procedures, best practices, training and operational proficiency across a rapidly growing business. Core capabilities include identifying and implementing standardized processes, engaging, training and auditing workforce expertise, and building a world-class infrastructure to support global operations and execution at scale. You are the expert in building for worldwide consistency, and own both the strategy and execution to grow our business into a market-leading enterprise while navigating complex and ambiguous challenges.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, Customer obsessed, and an independent and curious self-starter with demonstrated ability to grow the process backbone for large operations teams from the ground up. You will collaborate with partner teams and subject matter experts globally, and must be versed in working in a sales-driven environment. Success means you are comfortable with ambiguity, and bring a proven track record of successfully implementing structure and repeatable outcomes in a cross-functional, entrepreneurial environment. You will own key goals across process efficacy, team member efficiency and speed to market while innovating across multiple dimensions. You must be an effective communicator, a strong collaborator across a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholders, and able to influence a diverse team of peers.
If you thrive solving hard, diverse problems in a start-up environment, this is the role for you!
1. Define, scale and simplify standard operating procedures, training and optimization programs for Amazon’s heavy/bulky segment
2. Optimize operational inputs such as process efficiency, speed to market, and continuous improvement for Seller onboarding
3. Lead onsite training as we launch large scale, complex operations in ambiguous environments
4. Build for scale and optimize for efficiency, while continuously raising the bar for Customer and Seller experience
5. Own long term goals for efficiency, speed, Seller experience, and worldwide expansion
6. Establish expertise in program performance, measurement and regional/Seller variation
1. 6+ years leading complex continuous improvement, Six Sigma or operations programs with measurable outcomes
2. Comfort executing in ambiguous, rapidly evolving businesses with multiple stakeholders and dependencies
3. Highly organized and results oriented with a high degree of ownership
4. Strong analytical skills, including using data to identify and isolate defects in Customer experience
5. High-level leadership and decision-making skills
6. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
1. MBA or Master’s degree or related experience that demonstrates strong operations and business management skills
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills
3. Experience driving results in cross-functional organizations
4. Demonstrated bias for action
5. Ability to work in an ambiguous and deadline-driven work environment
6. Demonstrated passion for delivering a great Customer experience