Are you passionate about solving problems in the marketing domain using various scientific methodologies?
Are you the one who is full of ideas and ready to make an impact?
The Customer Behavior Analytics (CBA) organization owns Amazon’s insights pipeline, from data collection to deep analytics. We aspire to be the place where Amazon teams come for answers, a trusted source for data and insights that empower our systems and business leaders to make better decisions. Our outputs shape Amazon product and marketing teams’ decisions and thus how Amazon customers see, use, and value their experience. CBA-XO’s mission is to make Amazon’s marketing the most measurably effective in the world. Our long-term objective is to measure the incremental impact of all Amazon’s marketing investments on consumer perceptions, actions, and sales. This requires measuring Amazon’s marketing comparably and consistently across channels, business teams and countries using a comprehensive approach that integrates all Paid, Owned and Earned marketing activity. As the experts on marketing performance we will lead the Amazon worldwide marketing community by providing critical cross-country insights that can power marketing best practices and tenets globally.
This role will be part of the new High Value Message (HVM) Analytics team within CBA, which is focused on defining and quantifying how effective our marketing campaigns are changing customer’s perception towards Amazon. You will be a leader to define the ambiguous space. We are looking for a thought leader and you demonstrate this by delivering solutions, not just by having ideas. You will work with Economists and apply theory and quantitative methods to relate how our marketing campaigns affect these measurement metrics. We encourage you to shape the business strategy with data driven recommendations. A successful candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and wants to make a big impact on Amazon shoppers. You will develop strong working relationships and thrive in a collaborative team environment. Your role requires the ability to influence a virtual team of contributors and interact with marketing executives.
The main responsibilities for this position include:
· Apply expertise in causal modeling to develop systems that describe how Amazon’s marketing campaigns impact shopper’s perceptions.
· Review and audit modeling processes and results for other scientists, both junior and senior.
· Work with marketing leadership to align our measurement plan with business strategy.
· Formalizing assumptions about how models are expected to behave, creating definitions of outliers, developing methods to systematically identify these outliers, and explaining why they are reasonable or identifying fixes for them
· Identify new opportunities that are suggested by the data insights.
· Bring a department-wide perspective into decision making.
· B.S. in a quantitative discipline (science/engineering).
· 5+ years of relevant industry experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, Stata, Matlab).
· Experience designing experiments, and ability to infer causal relationships.
· In depth knowledge on predictive modeling.
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives.
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
· MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline (science/engineering).
· Familiar with AWS tools.
· Marketing knowledge and experience working on online customer behavior dataset.
· Proven ability to communicate verbally and in writing to technical peers and leadership teams with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about systems and algorithms, as well as sharing insights and data-driven recommendations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.